From time to time I hear people wonder if MIM is dead.
Why do people ask?
- They don’t feel like they have heard a good road map recently
- They aren’t seeing the improvements they hoped for
- They aren’t paying attention to the actions of the product group
- While the Cloud Identity is the future, we are and will be in hybrid identity for a long time and MIM is Microsoft’s key component to that.
- I look the product group investments — while of course they continue to enhance the cloud based capabilities of Azure AD they also continue to fix and enhance MIM
- With MIM they added Privileged Account Management — Aug 2015
- Hotfix in Dec 2015
- Hotfix April 2016
- Hotfix July 2016
- SP1 in Oct 2016 (but use the hotfix from Nov)
- The latest hotfix was just two days ago with not just fixes but several bonafide enhancements (4.4.1459.0):
- SQL Always On Support
- The ability to have custom objects with membership similar to Groups and Sets
- Enter a justification on Approval not just denials
- The ability to turn on and off logging for the MIM Service without having to restart
- Support for SCCM 2016 for Reporting
- Updated article to include CM
- Certificate Modern Manager
Update: I have been reassured by the product group that BHOLD will continue to get development for fixes and new features.